DIY Taco Kit warming instructions
Option 1: Microwave (Quickest option)
- Place the protein in a microwavable dish.
- Add a small amount of water, sauce or oil to the meat and cover with a microwave-safe lid.
- Microwave on medium heat for as long as necessary for the food to be evenly and thoroughly cooked.
- Stir food halfway through heating to ensure even cooking
Note: DO NOT HEAT FISH with microwave as it may be soggy
Option 2: Oven (Longer cooking time but preferred method)
- Set your oven to 120°C.
- Add protein to a baking tray, followed by a dash of oil or butter. Cover with foil to prevent it from drying out.
- This method usually takes at least 10–15 minutes.
- Remember to check that the meat is reheated thoroughly before serving
Note: For Baja Fish check regularly as smaller pieces may heat faster than larger pieces
Option 3 Pan: (If you don’t have a microwave or are short on time, this is a good method).
- Add some oil or butter to the pan.
- Place the meat in the pan, cover and heat on a medium-low setting. Keep the heat low to avoid overcooking.
- Stir and ensure it’s cooked evenly.
FISH: For crispy fish heat from frozen in oven or air fryer (190°C for 15 minutes)
Option 1 Microwave:
Wrap a stack of tortillas (10-12) in a tea towel then microwave on high for 1 min. Leave in tea towel to keep warm
Option 2 Pan:
Soak tortillas in water.
Place the tortillas on a very hot, dry (no oil) pan.
Heat each side for 1 min or until they soften. Keep warm in a tea towel or covered in foil.